Comprising three acres of wooded gardens, grounds and tennis court - the estate of just 19 households is situated in one of Cumbria’s prime residential areas, Scotby, a popular village with its own Post Office, Church, village hall and pub.
Built to a high standard, this spacious three bed/three bath property is part of a small mews development in a quiet cut-de-sac behind the main house. It occupies an elevated position with views over surrounding farmland towards the Eskdale hills of lowland Scotland. At any season of the year the outlook is beautiful and very often magical thanks to the spectacular sunsets that light up the skies in this part of England.
Well maintained accommodation over three floors - Dining kitchen, living room, two car drive-way and an integral garage which could easily be converted into a fourth double bedroom subject to planning consents.
This property provides an excellent base as a ‘lock up and leave’, due to the secure location and low maintenance garden.
Location and General
- Exclusive private gated estate of just 19 households
- Around 138m2 (1483ft.2) of accommodation
- Excellent external transport links via road rail and air
- Less than three miles from Carlisle centre
- Entrance vestibule with cloakroom
- Kitchen with dining area and doors to terrace
- Spacious living room to the first floor
- Superb master bedroom with ensuite shower room
- Two further bedrooms to the second floor - one with ensuite
- Family bathroom
- Integral single garage
- Two car driveway
- Terrace with views of open countryside
- Use of private grounds, gardens and tennis court
- Spacious and tranquil
Scotby Grange also greatly benefits from excellent transport links. Located only one mile from Junction 43 of the north-south M6 motorway and the A69 east-west main route, it is also only two miles from the University of Cumbria's Carlisle campus, three miles from Carlisle's historic city centre and Carlisle Citadel Station's frequent West Coast express train services direct to London, Edinburgh, and Glasgow. Newcastle International airport is one hour away. For days out, Hadrian's Wall is less than a half hour's drive to the north, whilst the spectacular shores of Ullswater at Pooley Bridge are less than a half hour drive south.
Scotby Grange’s private grounds, gardens and tennis court make it the ideal place to be in any circumstances and at any time: close to the city, yet far enough from it to be a truly rural haven: spacious, tranquil, safe and secure.
- Mains gas, water, drainage and electricity
- Central Gas heating
Council Tax Band C
Tenure - Leasehold. 999 year lease from 1st October 2003. £60.00 monthly Service Charge.
Energy Efficiency Current: 75.0
Energy Efficiency Potential: 99.9